First, let us announce that the PowerFacAging calculator is now on-line!
You can use it just right here.
Concerning our last newsletter “special edition”, we have shared a preliminary review of the new MCC drawer solutions which can improve operator safety. We were glad to notice your interest and we received a lot of feedbacks. We summed up all of these feedbacks and we’d like to know if you agree or not.
Then, as usual, we have picked three random topics with no answer in the forum so that you can help the members to solve their issues.
The MCC drawer solutions feedbacks: do you agree?
You have been interested in the review of the new MCC drawer solutions review, and we received a significant number of feedbacks, which confirm that:
- MCC drawer solutions with high safety level are commonly used in process industries like Oil&Gaz and Mining, and also more and more used in Hospitals, Data Centers…
- In these critical sites, the solution is generally MCC withdrawable, often in form 4, and with interlocking functions to minimize the risks of arcing when inserting/disconnecting the drawers.
- It is considered as a safe solution if properly designed, and if maintenance workers are properly trained and have to follow strict working procedures
What surprised us is the feedback which seems to indicate that maintenance operators are less and less qualified, even on critical sites.
Do you agree with that?
> If YES, according to you, what would be the best solution to compensate the loss of competence?
(Choose only one of these solutions, best compromise for you. They are sorted from the highest to lowest extra-cost)
- Remote operation of drawers
- IP maintained in all drawer positions (even with the drawer extracted from switchboard)
- Closed door operation of drawers (insertion/extraction … done behind the closed drawer door)
- Internal arc resistant
- Thermal measurement of temperature inside the drawer with power live and without risks to access live parts
Thanks in advance for your contribution to the community knowledge sharing!
Throughout the month of June, some questions have been asked in the forum. Unfortunately, nobody answered. Maybe you’ll be able to help solve them?
Jeet works for SubSea Engineering and is facing some issues with the transformer.
Javed858 has read an article about the use of three phase harmonic filters and would like to know how to calculate the values of R, L and C components.
Freeidea needs help to get a plan for his Project Study Reports.
Thank you in advance for your help.