Solar Panels: context
The generation of electric power from renewable energies is the new boom in the world market. There are different types of clean energies from natural sources such as the sun, winds, tides, etc.
In particular, the energy from the sun has some advantage over other types of energy. It is theoretically feasible in almost all the terrestrial globe. Harvesting solar energy is possible now thanks to the photovoltaic cells.
TOP 5 Best Sellers solar panel on amazon
- TECHNOLOGY | Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet minimizations enhance cell performance and provide a longer service life. Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allows extended...
- USAGES | High in power but compact in size, this 100-Watt solar panel is a favorite for RVs, boats,campers and similar applications, providing clean energy and excellent efficiency per space.
- INSTALLATION | Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing. Pre-drilled holes included for grounding. Compatible with different Renogy mounting systems such as...
- DIMENSIONS | Each panel weighs 16.5 pounds. Height 14.6”X Length 20.7" x Width 1.4”
- WARRANTY | 25-year transferable power output warranty; 5-year material and workmanship warranty
- 5PCS ACOPOWER 100-Watt monocrystalline solar panels can be connected in parallel by branch connectors or connected in series without any connectors;
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller has user adjustable settings! LCD Screen shows, voltage, solar panel status, battery state of charge, and DC load draw. See Image in photo gallery for all LCD Screen...
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use. The two solar panels can be wired in parallel for 12V battery charging or in series for 24V battery charging.
- Common positive grounding design（If your system is common negative grounding design, please contact us before shipping）
- 25-year transferable power output warranty on panels and 1-year warranty on rest of the kit components
- Adjustable, Corrosion-Resistant aluminum stand as well as a heavy duty handle and latches for longevity. Folded size: 19. 9 x 27. 2 x 2. 8 inches. Ideal output: 500 Watt hours per day (depends on...
- Compatible with gel, sealed, Lithium, and flooded batteries. Charge controller with LCD display for displaying operating Information and data
- 20A built-in 5-stage Solar charge controller provides overcharge protection, reducing Fire risk
- Negative-ground charge controller for compatibility with your RV, boat, trailer, etc.
- The low-voltage system avoids electric shock hazards
- [Reliable] Multi-layered sheet laminations enhance cell performance and ensure a long service life. EL tested solar modules; no hot-spot heating guaranteed. Bypass diodes minimize power drops caused...
- [Durable] Guaranteed positive output tolerance (0-3%); withstands high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa). A corrosion-resistant aluminum frame allows for extended outdoor use with a typical...
- [Versatile] Can be used for many different applications. Ground mount compatible. Compatible with on-grid and off-grid inverters.
- [Installation Ready] Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing. Pre-drilled holes are included for grounding. Compatible with a variety of Renogy mounting systems...
- high conversion rate, high efficiency output;Please choose the cells carefully,it's micro and super thin,handle with care
- Excellent low light effect,very powerful.This is perfect for the experience solderer
- A unique process to make components beautiful and strong anti-snow, easy to install
- This process of solar panels bright surface bright, excellent transmission. Another light weight, thin thickness, shape appropriate to change.
- Can be used to some DIY solar products, Solar Powered Lights for Outdoor,Patio,Garden,Home,Holiday Decoration,such as solar toys, miniature solar system. Arbitrarily change the output power and...
Solar Panels: issues
The solar cells are connected, typically, to a DC-DC converter or to a DC-AC converter, depending on the application. We can observe the scheme of a system with both converters shown in figure 1 to illustrate us.
Additionally, the cells have an I-V and P-V curve, as shown in Figure 2, obtained by tests with controlled conditions. It is evident that the power supplied by the module is dependent on the connected load; that is, it is not possible, automatically, to get the most out of the solar panel, especially in large arrays in series, parallel, or parallel series. The tracking algorithm of the point of maximum power transfer is developed to solve this problem, using the power curve supplied by the panel with respect to its voltage.
Solar Panels Optimization: what is MPPT?
The device that allows to charge a battery is the DC-DC converter, also called the charge controller. There are two main kinds of charge controllers in the market, the MPPT and the PWM. The performance of PWM devices has been proven to be less effective than MPPT charge controllers, which is why there is an interest to understand how does these devices work to optimize the performance of solar panels power output.
The MPPT is an algorithm used in the DC-DC converters to obtain the maximum power of the photovoltaic modules, for this, the duty cycle of the converter is varied, managing to vary the voltage of the module to the point of maximum power.
It should be noted that this point varies with temperature and solar radiation; therefore, it is constantly changing. There are several algorithms to find the MPP, among the most used by the literature we can find: Disturbs and observes (P & O), Incremental Conductance and Fuzzy Logic  .
Solar Panels Optimization: the Disturb & Observe Method
This is an algorithm derived from the hill climb method. By varying the voltage (which is produced by modifying the duty cycle) the power is varied.
In Figure 3 we can see the diagram flow of this algorithm, as we see, we have the values of the current and previous iteration, from the comparison of these two variables we determine the action that must be taken to reach the MPP of the photovoltaic module.
The facts mentioned above can be explained in the following way. There are always two variables that are constantly been evaluated, one of them is current and the other is voltage. These parameters change instantly, and the power differential obtained from the previous instant indicates whether or not the MPP is located above or below.
If the power differential is positive, then the voltage must be compared with the previous one, if it is bigger, then the duty cycle must increase in the same differential, while if it is smaller, then the duty cycle must be reduced in the same way. This means that the point of operation of the PV system will move forward in the curve looking for the maximum power point.
Solar panels represent an important investment with a return rate located in the medium and long term. It is then necessary to maximize the power that each module or the complete array is capable of delivering at all times.
Based on this algorithm choosing an MPPT charge controller ensures that the solar energy produced by the panels will be used at the maximum point throughout the day, especially in small installations.
It should be noted that the efficiency of this method is approximately 96%, but it can be improved if the rate of change of the work cycle is decreased as the algorithm reaches the point of maximum power.
 Técnicas de optimización en paneles solares: seguimiento del punto de máxima potencia. Electronic (Navarrete2015). Available at: http://www.bdigital.unal.edu.co/58395/1/1088651128.2015.pdf
 Soluciones en energías renovables para el hogar y la industria. disponible en: http://www.energiasinteligentes.com/soluciones/hogar-industria
 Solar energy for Sicily’s remote islands: On the route from fossil to renewable energy.Rosaria Ciriminna and Mario Pagliaro and Francesco Meneguzzo and Mario Pecoraino 2016.
 Solar energy. Olinto, Isabella. 2016
 Factibilidad de implementar energia solar fotovoltaica en las instalaciones de la Universidad Simón Bolívar. Bastardo F, Simeone S. 2019