Major steps are listed below:
A. Design aspects
(1)Conforming standards,regulations for design are to be identified.
(2)Arriving at Power demand:plan to import from grid/plan as captive generation
(3)Service connection: High – Medium – Low Voltage levels.
(4)Single line diagram of distribution,schematics,Protection and metering.
(5)Safety and fire protection systems,Lighting,Earthing,Lightning protection.
(6)Technical specifications and engineering for equipment procurement and installation.
(7)location of substation,equipment and cable layouts.
(8)Obtaining statutory approvals and clearances in writing for commencement of work.
B.Construction and commissioning aspects
(1) Engage competent consultant for design,engineering,construction,testing and commissioning.
(2) Preparation of comprehensive tender document,specifying detailed construction standards.
(3) Awarding construction contract to licensed and competent electrical contractor.
(4) Release of all construction drawings.
(4) Ensure strict compliance with quality and safety in work through continuous site supervision.
(5) Test all installations and conform fitness for commissioning through certified test reports.
(6) Obtain statutory approvals and clearances in writing for energising electrical systems.
(7) Ensure all documentation,guarantee runs,training of maintenance and operation staff before making
final payment to contractors,consultant and equipment suppliers.
The documentation should include “as built” drawings.
(8) The spare parts for 2 years trouble free operation shall be kept in stock.
Wherever,in house capabilities are limited (only on such areas),AMCs shall be finalised for regular maintenance and repairs.
I might have missed some points which may be added as needed.