how to use 110v equipment with 220v without adapter or transformer

Home Electrical Engineering Forum General Discussion how to use 110v equipment with 220v without adapter or transformer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

hi,

I am always confused and don not understand how to us 110v equipment with 220v electrical supply without use of external transformer or adapter. When i think of some high brand equipment like sony tv can be used without any add with 110 or220v electrical supply. When i aske electrician how to use 110 with 220v they advise to use huge transformer for heavy equipment wich is not acceptable in normal condition.When i think of sony tv how it can be used in both voltage it seems to me very simple solution but i can not figureout that solution. So please if you have some simple solution for this problem please guide me for that because i have been thinking for this froblem from my childhood.

Thanks'

sam shah

admin
    Keymaster

dear shah.

the question u asked is not clear to you. bcos you dont know that why sony tv and other electrical or electronic equipment can run on 110 as well as 220v. bcos there is a transformer inside tv which have the winding according to the voltage and u have an option to use any one of them. hope the answer of the question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.