HOW DO I CONNECT TWO GENSETS RATED 500kVA EACH WITHOUT SYCHRONIZATION TO SUPPLY ONE BUILDING

Home Electrical Engineering Forum General Discussion HOW DO I CONNECT TWO GENSETS RATED 500kVA EACH WITHOUT SYCHRONIZATION TO SUPPLY ONE BUILDING

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ally Kanyondo
    Participant

Hi  Guys

I need you help to solve the following problem.

“IAM ON THE FINAL STAGE IN DESIGNING ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION OF A 23 STOREY BUILDING BUT IM FACED WITH THE

FOLOWING PROBLEMS

1: THE AVARAGE LOAD IS APPROX 815kVA AND THE CLIENT WANTS TWO GENERATORS OF 500kVA BUT HE DOESN WANT SYCHRONIZATION

2: HOW TO LOCATE THE CENTRE OF THE LOAD IN THAT BUILDING i.e HOW TO CALCULATE CENTRE OF THE LOAD .

3: I NEED EXPLATION ABOUT DISTRIBUTION PILLAR AND RING MAIN UNIT AND AT WHAT PLACE DO THEY REQUIRED “

N.B I have decide to use BUS BAR RISER IN MY DESIGN

Any one with the  help i wl be very glad to get your suggestations

Ally

United Rebublic of  Tanzania

admin
    Keymaster

you know sir we need to synchronize the generators if you want to connect them in parallel or if your client doesnt want synchronization,the generator will supply loads differently.When it comes to center of load,well you have to know the ampacity of the whole circuits then you will know the correct size of wire and the necessary circuit breaker rating,,,… thank u

admin
    Keymaster

i think ther is no other way to combine this two generators except by synchronisation.

admin
    Keymaster

YOU CAN PROVIDE TWO SEPARATE LVSG WITH TWO ATS AS MAIN. BUT I PREFER TO HAVE SYNCRONIZATION WITH ONE SMALLER GENSET RATING. BUT ITS UP TO YOU WHICH IS CHEAPER. BUT THINK ABOUT THE EFFICIENCY OF THE SYSTEM

admin
    Keymaster

you have to make the bulding two seprate parts every part take power from one geneator,

that means you connected 11 storey with one generator and ather 12 storey with another

admin
    Keymaster

the solutions are as follows

Divide the building load into two halves – supplly each halves with individual generator of 20% extra KVA and utiility service provider with ATS

Use Bus risers for very large buildings UPTO 20Floor and above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.