910KVA CATERPILAR GENERATOR STARTING PROBLEMS DURING COOLINGDOWN TIME

Home Electrical Engineering Forum General Discussion 910KVA CATERPILAR GENERATOR STARTING PROBLEMS DURING COOLINGDOWN TIME

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

DEAR ENGINEERS

WE HAVE 910KVA GENERATOR  WHICH CAN NOT BE START  UNTILL IT ENDS THE COOLING TIME,EVENIF UTILITY POWER INTERRUPTED.SO WHAT CAN YOU ADVISE ME TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM?

s
    Participant

Hi

Is this problem has arosen recently?

Or is it a factory default?

admin
    Keymaster

Dear Nael Samman,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT FACTORY DEFAULT,IT HAPPENED AFTER WORKING  A YEAR.

BEST REGARDS

s
    Participant

Ok, 

Firstly , out of personal experience I don't recommend messing around with generators unless you have the experience, patience and time,

Second, how many persons have the access for the generator? is it only you? or there is many people have the access?

Your problem is either electrical or mechanical,

If it's mechanical that means the generator temperature is at critical levels and the cooling system needs maintenance ( here PLEASE do not do it yourself unless you are qualified ) 

If it's electrical, that means the temerature sensor is either needs re-adjusment or replacement, also check the control unit settings, there is a big chance (if you are not the only one has the access for generators) that someone messed with control settings,

Anyway, refer to the manual and check if your problem is mentioned there,

Regards

admin
    Keymaster

DEAR ENGINEERS

WE HAVE 910KVA GENERATOR  WHICH CAN NOT BE START  UNTILL IT ENDS THE COOLING TIME,EVENIF UTILITY POWER INTERRUPTED.SO WHAT CAN YOU ADVISE ME TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM?

Dearest, 

For Diesel Engine drive Electric Generators:

Check your DC control Panel on the shutdown cooling Timer or its slave relay, probably it is deffective

Check also the bypass relay if deffective for the auto-start mode- selector Switched to 'Mains Fail'.

If thiis wont work out for you…

Check the whole electrical path circuitry for auto-start and auto-shutdn device, relays, switches and pilot wires etc., 

For Catterpillar Gas turbine drive Electric Generators:

Same procedure as the above…

Rare case, instead check proper functioning of its mecury switches

GOOD LUCK!

admin
    Keymaster

Dear all,

PLease find out is the cooling system working fine. you didnt mention the type of cooling system present in your generator. If its oil cooled check the oil level. also adjust the temperature sensors and fan for fan driven cooling system..

Thanks hope it comes in handy , as i am just an engineer starting his career

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.