Boost Building Energy Efficiency (HOMES programme) : a video of 3 mn is better than “talking…”
I am sure you have appreciated right away this video that explains what it is about …
Now, I wish to give you a quick overview of this programme called HOMES initiated by the French government & European countries actors end of 2008 ; the idea is to prepare all kind of solutions (either technical, process or behaviour type) that will decrease the energy consumption in countries but also improve comfort.
The focus is the building market because it represents roughly 40 % of the energy consumption at a country level (half in the residential & half in tertiary). Existing buildings will be where the stakes are. This programme includes all kind of solutions acting on what we call Active Energy Efficiency which is to consume only the energy required and only when necessary
4 fields are being studied (deliverables to be published at the end of this programme in 2012)
- How can comfort equipment control be fine-tuned in order to save energy?
- How can energy consumption be known and monitored in order to be optimised?
- How can energy performance be a focal point for building professionals?
- How to maximize available and renewable energy use?
14 partners have signed this programme (88 M€ investments)
- 4 research laboratories (building, electrical, pervasive technology, solar technology)
- 6 equipment manufacturers (HVAC, building motion, lighting, home automation, building automation, energy management )
- 4 technology manufacturers (radio frequency, Power line carrier, connector, semi-conductor)
If you have questions about this Building Energy Efficiency collaborative work, I will answer