Does everybody use Electrical Calculation Software in Low Voltage?
To size the cable and busways and check the protection of people and circuits (according to installations standard IEC60364 or local equivalent), and produce the required calculation reports for your electrical installations, you need some kind of tool.
It could be just an Excel sheet or one of the following software:
- XLpro2 Calcul software from Legrand 1.3
- Simaris Design 5.0 from Siemens
- MyEcodial L 3.4 from Schneider Electric
- Caneco BT 5.3 from ALPI (software editor)
What about you today, what kind of tool do you use most often ?
> One of the 4 mentioned software
> Another software
> A tool you created yourselves (Excel sheet or other)
don't hesitate to tell us more about these tools through your comments in the related forum topic or blog article
Our FORUM keeps growing fast!
1750 members last month, over 2350 now ... that's still 13 new members everyday !
Welcome to all the newcomers!
Top posters of the forum until today:
Hot discussions & themes
If you did not visit the forum yet, here are some of the discussions with the biggest number of posts and/or views:
Best electrical calculation software review
Harmonic filter for better power quality
Power factor correction kvar policy in countries
Lightning & Surge protection
Important recommendation about how to use forums, in general
We have seen that a number of you have added their email address in their post. No problem with that for us.
But you should be aware of the fact that there are some web crawlers who look everywhere to find email addresses, to add them in spamming lists !!
So our suggestions are:
- whenever possible, just use the forum topics to discuss with other members
- if you prefer to contact one member directly, you can use the "private message" function
- if you really want to indicate your email address, write it like this "xxxxx_at_xxxx_dot_com", do not use the "@" and "." characters, this will prevent crawlers from recognizing it as a maill address, and the humans will know how to convert it
Highlight on the evolution of our forum
It's now been 6 months since our forum is open.
The number of registered members has evolved in an incredibly fast way, with 2376 members when we write these lines.
So we decided to center this Newsletter about this forum, to share about its content, members, evolution, future ...
Feel free to tell us back directly your comments about what you like, don't like, suggest to improve, would be ready to do ... to help make this forum a real useful tool for you and the whole electrical engineering community
|We need moderators for our Forum
In our last newsletter, we invited any of you to become moderator, to help us animate the forum.
We want to thank the 2 new moderators, Nawaz and nikeapache who have just accepted to help us animate the forum, in several ways:
- animate the discussions and help us ensure people get answers to their questions, as soon as possible: by answering them directly whenever they can, and by inviting people in their network who can answer
- promote the forum to invite more people to join the community
- help us moderate inappropriate or out-of-scope contents
==> you are interested, send us a mail: email@example.com.
|Create sub-sections in the forum? Or promote the forum search tool?
We were thinking about creating some sub-sections, to group together, for example, all the discussions about power factor correction ... or any other subject. The point is that it's not so easy to define the right sections, because you could also chose to separate low voltage PFC from medium voltage PFC, or just make a big section for LV and another one for MV ....
At this stage, what we finally decided is to keep all the topics together, and rather promote the search engine, which is the best way to help people find if a topic is already related to their question.
To prepare the evolutions for 2011, we opened a discussion in the forum about the creation of sub-sections in the future, don't hesitate to share your ideas, experience ... in this discussion