Home › Electrical Engineering Forum › General Discussion › What is the major cuase of heating in circuit breakers? › Re: What is the major cuase of heating in circuit breakers?
Dear Asegoma ;
First at all, the choice of the CB ( circuit breaker ) should be correctly done accordingly the some points that are :
– The nominal ” In ” current of the CB.
– The correct value of the thermal protection ” Ir “
– The ambiant temperature around the CB, because most of CB are designed accordingly to +30 or +40°C; that means if ambiant temperature around the CB will be more you should absolutly derate the CB accordingly to the ” Derating Temperature ” done by the manufacturs.
– The connection should be done accordingly to the manufacturs instructions specialy for the big currents.
– The connection points should be tighted accordingly to the manufatures instructions.
– The section of cables should be well calculated accordingly to the circulated current.