Trying to get approximate numbers for core/iron/parasitic losses in large (50-500 kVA) distribution transformers that might serve one light-industrial building or complex, taking 13,800V to 480V 3-phase.The application is very low duty-cycle, so unloaded losses will dominate.
Have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Web; most postings either talk about standards or promote advanced tech that may not be in service yet.
Is there a general guideline our group might use?
Thanks very much for all advice.
Dear Mr. Mike ;
As I don't use these special Voltages, I can give you an idea about that I used for some special applications where the Voltages are ” 13.2 KV & 420 V ” and the manufacter is ” Zucchini – Italy “.
– 100kVA : Po : 380W, Pt(+70°C) : 1800W
– 160kVA : Po : 480W, Pt(+70°C) : 2550W
– 250kVA : Po : 750W, Pt(+70°C) : 3120W
– 315kVA : Po : 1050W, Pt(+70°C) : 4050W
– 400kVA : Po : 1320W, Pt(+70°C) : 5000W
– 500kVA : Po : 1630W, Pt(+70°C) : 5960W
– Po : the Losses without load
– Pt(+70°C) : the losses with ful load at ” +70°C “