ON off control of AC motor/Pump.

Home Electrical Engineering Forum General Discussion ON off control of AC motor/Pump.

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Arunraje03
    Participant

Dear aLL,

Need your HeLp.!!

I want run a pump of 0.5HP only 5mins with time gap of 4hours.

Suppose at beginning of the day say at 8am I will manually start the motor it should be on only for 5mins. after 4hour (i.e. at 12pm) it should be ON automatically only for 5mins and again (at 4pm) it should be ON again for 5mins.

This cycle should repeat everyday.

Can anybody help me in this regards please provide me detail Bill-of-Material required and connection diagram.

Regards.

Arunraje.

jatin333
    Participant

use on-off sequential timer in control for motor starter 

pref. make- SELEC ,SIEMENS,AEG

We can set our required time for on and off ,

your purpose will solve with this

good day

jatin333

Anonymous

ABB, or Schneider Electric can help you.

samueljordan
    Participant

Jatin333 has suggested useful reply for your thread, i agree with his suggestion, if your AC motor get on-off in a fixed time so there may be problem in sequential timer in control for motor starter pref. Set the timer as well as possible.

demag electric motors

Spir Georges GHALI
    Participant

@Arunraje03 said:
    Dear aLL,

Need your HeLp.!!

I want run a pump of 0.5HP only 5mins with time gap of 4hours.

Suppose at beginning of the day say at 8am I will manually start the motor it should be on only for 5mins. after 4hour (i.e. at 12pm) it should be ON automatically only for 5mins and again (at 4pm) it should be ON again for 5mins.

This cycle should repeat everyday.

Can anybody help me in this regards please provide me detail Bill-of-Material required and connection diagram.

Regards.

Arunraje.

Daer ;

You can easily do the sequential run & off by using a ” Daily Timer ” produce by ” Schneider Electric, hager, ABB, Legrand, … “, and as the running time is only ” 5 min ” you should have :

– Digital Daily Timer

– With reserve 

but be careful that the auxiliary contact of timer should energize the coil of suitable contactor that will run & stop the motor, as the nominal current of the auxiliary contact is small ” ≈ 6A ” and not for AC3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.