Home Electrical Engineering Forum General Discussion No-load losses for distribution transformers?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tecnolugo 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #10564

    Ldscp
    Member

    Trying to get approximate numbers for core/iron/parasitic losses in large (50-500 kVA) distribution transformers that might serve one light-industrial building or complex, taking 13,800V to 480V 3-phase.The application is very low duty-cycle, so unloaded losses will dominate.

    Have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Web; most postings either talk about standards or promote advanced tech that may not be in service yet.

    Is there a general guideline our group might use?

    Thanks very much for all advice.

     

    Mike

    #12351

    Ldscp said:

    Trying to get approximate numbers for core/iron/parasitic losses in large (50-500 kVA) distribution transformers that might serve one light-industrial building or complex, taking 13,800V to 480V 3-phase.The application is very low duty-cycle, so unloaded losses will dominate.

    Have spent quite a bit of time browsing the Web; most postings either talk about standards or promote advanced tech that may not be in service yet.

    Is there a general guideline our group might use?

    Thanks very much for all advice.

     

    Mike


    Dear Mr. Mike ;

     

    As I don't use these special Voltages, I can give you an idea about that I used for some special applications where the Voltages are ” 13.2 KV  &  420 V ” and the manufacter is ” Zucchini – Italy “.

    – 100kVA : Po : 380W,     Pt(+70°C) : 1800W

    – 160kVA : Po : 480W,     Pt(+70°C) : 2550W

    – 250kVA : Po : 750W,     Pt(+70°C) : 3120W

    – 315kVA : Po : 1050W,     Pt(+70°C) : 4050W

    – 400kVA : Po : 1320W,     Pt(+70°C) : 5000W

    – 500kVA : Po : 1630W,     Pt(+70°C) : 5960W

    Where :

         – Po : the Losses without load

         – Pt(+70°C) : the losses with ful load at ” +70°C “

     

    Regards.

    #12352

    Ldscp
    Member

    Thanks very much, Mr. Georges – that is very complete information, and exactly what we needed!

     

    -Mike

    #12399

    Dear Mr Ghali,

    Apart fom those mentioned above,

    What about the losses of transformer with rating above 500kVA, i.e with the following ranges

    750kVA-2000kVA

     

     

     

     

    Regards.

    #12393

    Ally Kanyondo said:

    Dear Mr Ghali,

    Apart fom those mentioned above,

    What about the losses of transformer with rating above 500kVA, i.e with the following ranges

    750kVA-2000kVA

     

     

    Regards.


    Dera Mr. Ally ;

     

    Please define the Working Voltages, are the same as above or different ?

     

    Regards.

    #12388

    Spir Georges GHALI said:

    Ally Kanyondo said:

    Dear Mr Ghali,

    Apart fom those mentioned above,

    What about the losses of transformer with rating above 500kVA, i.e with the following ranges

    750kVA-2000kVA

     

     Dear Mr Ghali

     

    For the above range, take the working voltage as 11kV and 33kV(distribution levels  in my country)

     

    Regards.

     


    Dera Mr. Ally ;

     

    Please define the Working Voltages, are the same as above or different ?

     

    Regards.


    #12406

    Dear Mr. Ally ;

     

    Please find below the relative information:

    For ” 11 kV ” :

    – 630kVA : Po : 1790W,     Pt(+70°C) : 6940W

    – 800kVA : Po : 2470W,     Pt(+70°C) : 8370W

    – 1000kVA : Po : 2940W,     Pt(+70°C) : 9800W

    – 1250kVA : Po : 3520W,     Pt(+70°C) : 11800W

    – 1600kVA : Po : 3890W,     Pt(+70°C) : 14400W

    – 2000kVA : Po : 4830W,     Pt(+70°C) : 17100W

    – 2500kVA : Po : 5990W,     Pt(+70°C) : 20700W

    – 3200kVA : Po : 4600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 23400W

     

    For ” 33 kV ” :

    – 630kVA   : Po : 2100W,     Pt(+70°C) : 6750W

    – 800kVA   : Po : 2580W,     Pt(+70°C) : 8370W

    – 1000kVA : Po : 2800W,     Pt(+70°C) : 9280W

    – 1250kVA : Po : 3000W,     Pt(+70°C) : 12350W

    – 1600kVA : Po : 3600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 14600W

    – 2000kVA : Po : 4600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 16200W

    – 2500kVA : Po : 5780W,     Pt(+70°C) : 19800W

    – 3200kVA : Po : 6620W,     Pt(+70°C) : 22500W

     

    Where :

         – Po : the Losses without load

         – Pt(+70°C) : the losses with ful load at ” +70°C “

     

    Noting that values are for ” Zucchini – Italy ” transformers, and there's some differences between manufactures.

     

    Regards.

    #12411

    Spir Georges GHALI said:

    Dear Mr. Ally ;

     

    Please find below the relative information:

    For ” 11 kV ” :

    – 630kVA : Po : 1790W,     Pt(+70°C) : 6940W

    – 800kVA : Po : 2470W,     Pt(+70°C) : 8370W

    – 1000kVA : Po : 2940W,     Pt(+70°C) : 9800W

    – 1250kVA : Po : 3520W,     Pt(+70°C) : 11800W

    – 1600kVA : Po : 3890W,     Pt(+70°C) : 14400W

    – 2000kVA : Po : 4830W,     Pt(+70°C) : 17100W

    – 2500kVA : Po : 5990W,     Pt(+70°C) : 20700W

    – 3200kVA : Po : 4600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 23400W

     

    For ” 33 kV ” :

    – 630kVA   : Po : 2100W,     Pt(+70°C) : 6750W

    – 800kVA   : Po : 2580W,     Pt(+70°C) : 8370W

    – 1000kVA : Po : 2800W,     Pt(+70°C) : 9280W

    – 1250kVA : Po : 3000W,     Pt(+70°C) : 12350W

    – 1600kVA : Po : 3600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 14600W

    – 2000kVA : Po : 4600W,     Pt(+70°C) : 16200W

    – 2500kVA : Po : 5780W,     Pt(+70°C) : 19800W

    – 3200kVA : Po : 6620W,     Pt(+70°C) : 22500W

     

    Where :

         – Po : the Losses without load

         – Pt(+70°C) : the losses with ful load at ” +70°C “

     

    Noting that values are for ” Zucchini – Italy ” transformers, and there's some differences between manufactures.

     

    Regards.]

     

    Dear Mr. Ghali

     

    Thank you very mch for your clarification.

     

    Regards.


    #12379

    kusha02
    Member

    I think this site will help you ,
     

    http://www.siemens.hu/htm/ajanlataink/trf/download/geafolproduct_english.pdf

     

    I see Ghail help you but one more isnt anything :) 

    #12371

    kusha02 said:

    I think this site will help you ,
     

    http://www.siemens.hu/htm/ajanlataink/trf/download/geafolproduct_english.pdf

     

    I see Ghail help you but one more isnt anything :) 


    Dear Mr. Kusha02

     

    Thanks for your completement

     

    Regards.

    #16688

    mah3150
    Participant

    HI.
    what is R1,R2 $ L1,L2 & Rm,Lm of 63/20 kv 30/40 MVA Power Transformer?
    May help me?

    #17171

    hnifah
    Participant

    it’s really a tough blow for me

    i am on 8th semester in university, majoring electrical eng. this far i have been checking all the topics from people journals and some papers but still didnt understand where i should begin this research from, so i try to seek help from you guys if you got some way out for my problems… please share…

    tq…

    -hanif

    university of srwijaya

    #18438

    pradeepkumar
    Participant

    Hi

    Thanks for sharing good information.

    #18558

    tecnolugo
    Participant

    Good answers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged or registered in to reply to this topic.

Electrical engineering Community is proudly powered by WordPress
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS) and license Creative Commons License